I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long with very limited use that the top left corner of the screen developed lines across the screen. In February 2013, I contact the company where it was purchased from here in South Africa to discover the company had terminated its South African operation, contacted the UK division to be told that the Warranty no longer lies with them as the Fitness Tracker had been sold to me more than 30 days prior and I was to contact Motorola UK directly which I did – REF: 1302/3-006162 only to be told that the Warranty was held in the USA and that I could only liaise with Motorola South Africa to get the Fitness Tracker repaired. I did exactly this and couriered it to them in March 2013 and now after 5 MONTHS I’m being told that there are NO spares for the Fitness Tracker WORLWIDE. Yet this Fitness Tracker is still being sold here in South Africa! Appears the same company I purchased it from here locally is operational again, selling expensive products that Manufactures can’t or won’t repair.
How can this be possible – to sell an item and then be told there is no way to repair it with literally no after sales support.
I will never purchase another Motorola product and will continue to tell all my business colleagues and friends to avoid Motorola products too.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Motorola Fitness Tracker
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "We purchased our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer from Lowe's in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was..."
- "We purchased a Kenmore Dishwasher (Model 665.13732K601) when we remodeled approximately 4 years ago. The dishwasher has done a good job cleaning, but after the first year the buttons..."
- "Beware of RMC Motors in Howick! This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying..."
- "My Corningware casserole dish was in the oven when it broke into two. Highly disappointed with the quality of this product and the false promises made by your company! Will..."
- "I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long with very limited use that the top left corner of the screen developed..."
- " Today 10/25/2016 we went into the Chili's in Arroyo Grande California and waited for 15 to 20 minutes to be seated we were never acknowledged or never approached. ..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "SO… YOU ARE LOAY TAWEEL IN MIAMI AND ABU AZMI IN CHICAGO… looks like a *** artist. Sunday, October 23 afternoon I received many messages by Whatsapp from Loay..."