I purchased a Motorola MOTOACTV GPS Fitness Tracker and Music Player in September 2012, it wasn’t long with very limited use that the top left corner of the screen developed lines across the screen. In February 2013, I contact the company where it was purchased from here in South Africa to discover the company had terminated its South African operation, contacted the UK division to be told that the Warranty no longer lies with them as the Fitness Tracker had been sold to me more than 30 days prior and I was to contact Motorola UK directly which I did – REF: 1302/3-006162 only to be told that the Warranty was held in the USA and that I could only liaise with Motorola South Africa to get the Fitness Tracker repaired. I did exactly this and couriered it to them in March 2013 and now after 5 MONTHS I’m being told that there are NO spares for the Fitness Tracker WORLWIDE. Yet this Fitness Tracker is still being sold here in South Africa! Appears the same company I purchased it from here locally is operational again, selling expensive products that Manufactures can’t or won’t repair.
How can this be possible – to sell an item and then be told there is no way to repair it with literally no after sales support.
I will never purchase another Motorola product and will continue to tell all my business colleagues and friends to avoid Motorola products too.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Motorola Fitness Tracker
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I just found my receipt of purchase. Today is 12/28/2015. My television was purchased on 01/13/2013. It isn't 2 yrs old yet, Hisense says the television isn't covered because I..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "We got our Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer in 2011. (Whirlpool Cabrio Washer Model WTW7800XW2). Before our one year warranty expired, I noticed the lid was starting to creak every..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "Beware of RMC Motors in Howick! This business has gone into financial difficulties since early 2016 and now it appears that their owners Mike and Kim Le Roux are trying..."
- "My Corningware casserole dish was in the oven when it broke into two. Highly disappointed with the quality of this product and the false promises made by your company! Will..."