1.3

I took a chance on the new bottom of the line Moto E via Amazon, at just over 100.00 for a smart phone my expectations were low. My first impression was one of surprise at the capabilities of this compact, seeming durable phone. I realized shortly I had one issue, the phone was unable to connect for mobile data. I worked with their customer service, based off shore in the Phillipines (level 1 and level 2 are based here).

They went through some checks and basically pointed the finger at ATT for my issue. Hours spent on the phone later it was determined I would get a replacement phone, I asked the Motorola rep directly, will I get a new phone, not a refurbished phone as this one was defective out of the box and I was assured yes, you will. Further down the line I came to learn that I would receive a "like new phone", this resulted in my refusing the FedEx delivery, I connected with a Motorola rep through their blog in the US, and it was arranged for me to receive a new phone, they have 2 types of warranty exchanges, one where you ship your phone, when they receive it the ship your "new" careful with that one, and another where they take your credit information, and put a 100.00 hold on your account and ship your replacement immediately.

In my case I noticed a few months after receiving my replacement phone, I was charged 100.00 by Motorola, it took me 6 weeks to have this corrected, through their corporate office in Chicago.

As luck would have it this phone went bad in 9 months, speaker went and you could not hear notifications, back to customer service, more replacement phones, they actually have 4 levels of customer service, sort of like a video game where you have to beat one level till eventually you get to the boss, levels 1 and 2 are offshore, and very difficult to deal with, levels 3 and 4 are in the US, based in Wisconsin, they are extremely overworked it appears, and unresponsive to email questions in my experience. I could go on and on, but it is essentially more of the same, fed up, I shipped the phone off to their CEO in Chicago, they seemed to take some notice and time will tell how this ends. All in all, they make a pretty nice phone, (when it works) as for their low end phones I believe that they are making this basically as a throw away phone, get what you can out of it, then trash it and get another, they seem to have put zero thought and effort into customer service. Having used Nokia, RIM and Samsung devices prior to this, there is no comparison, and in my estimation certainly worth a few extra bucks to get a phone from one of these manufacturers, if its a model a year or two old you can get one for almost the same price. Its a pity, Motorola makes a very nice phone (when it works), I assume they think they have the name and can get away with this approach. My advice, stay away from Motorola and save yourself the headaches!

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Motorola. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Motorola to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service. Author liked the most phone when it worked. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Motorola motorola moto e for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Motorola?

Comments